Assists young people as individuals or groups to solve social, emotional and financial problems in an agency framework.
- provides support and information to young people about welfare and other youth accommodation and community services
- plans, designs and supervises activities for young people such as sports, handicrafts, dancing, drama, hiking and bushwalking
- provides counselling, support and crisis services
- may plan and organise activities for young people in the community, such as establishing and supervising clubs
- may work under the supervision of a health, sport, recreation or welfare worker