Lays ceramic, clay, slate, marble and glass tiles on external and internal walls and floors to provide protective and decorative finishes.
- examines plans, measures and marks surfaces and lays out work
- prepares wall and floor surfaces by removing old tiles, grout and adhesive, and cleaning and dry polishing
- spreads adhesive onto prepared surfaces and tiles, and sets tiles in position
- ensures tiles are aligned
- grouts tiles and cleans and removes excess grout
- may lay floors of granolithic, terrazzo, cement or similar composition