Manufactures and repairs prototype production units and specialised vehicle bodies such as buses, fire engines and caravans.
- studies vehicle body drawings, body drafts and specifications
- constructs vehicle framework sections in metal and other materials, using stretching and shrinking machinery and welding equipment
- bolts, screws, rivets or welds sections together
- cuts, shapes and attaches panels of sheetmetal, aluminium or reinforced plastic to frameworks
- may alter assembly line vehicles to special requirements