Develops and implements plans and policies for the controlled use of urban and rural land, and advises on economic, environmental and social needs of land areas.
- compiles and analyses data on economic, legal, political, cultural, demographic, sociological, physical and environmental factors affecting land use
- confers with government authorities, communities, architects, social scientists, lawyers, and planning, development and environmental specialists
- devises and recommends use and development of land and presents narrative and graphic plans, programs and designs to groups and individuals
- recommends measures affecting land use, the environment, public utilities, community facilities, housing and transportation
- advises governments and organisations on urban and regional planning and resource planning
- may supervise and control the work of associates and technicians