- Tree Surgeon
- Tree Doctor
Inspects, diagnoses, advises on and treats trees and shrubs to improve their health and appearance.
The entry requirement for this occupation is an AQF Certificate III or higher qualification.
- examines trees to assess their condition and determine treatment
- lops limbs off trees and shapes branches using chain or handsaws
- paints protective materials over cut surfaces
- scrapes decayed materials from cavities in trees and inserts plastic to prevent further deterioration
- sprays and dusts trees to control insects and disease
- fells diseased trees, grubs out stumps and removes material
- plants and transplants trees