Provides care and supervision for children or disabled persons in group housing or government institutions.
- ensures residents are washed, dressed, fed and ready for educational and recreational activities
- organises and participates in educational and recreational activities
- supervises residents during domestic activities such as dining and showering
- assists with social and living skills, and trains residents unable to live independently or work in open employment
- enforces behavioural standards, compile disciplinary reports and assist in implementing remedial measures
- may assist in serving meals and performing other housekeeping tasks