Assists physically, mentally and socially disadvantaged people to re-integrate into work and the community.
- consults with clients to develop rehabilitation plans taking account of vocational, social, medical and psychological needs
- assists clients with employment placement and matters relating to education and training, through negotiation with community agencies, employers, unions, education and training authorities, government representatives and insurance companies
- provides information and advisory services to organisations assisting the disadvantaged
- refers clients for medical examinations, psychological or psychiatric evaluation and vocational assessment
- evaluates the effectiveness of resettlement and recommends further action