Provides support to pre-school, primary, secondary and TAFE teachers and administrators in regard to educational approaches and policy, and curriculum resources and development.
- researches educational systems and monitors and evaluates new developments
- identifies present and future needs within the education system
- researches and reports on students needs, arising from curriculum implementation and resources
- consults with teachers, principals and administrative officials of educational institutions to coordinate programs and provide advice
- develops and delivers training programs for teachers
- prepares reports, information papers and submissions
- provides advice to government and interdepartmental committees