Performs or assists in the performance of diagnostic examinations using radionuclides and radiopharmaceuticals, and administers radionuclides for therapeutic purposes under the direction of nuclear medicine specialists or other specialist medical practitioners.
- performs laboratory procedures and practices, including blood and specimen collection, cell labelling, radioimmuno assays and quality control testing
- prepares radiopharmaceuticals for use in scintigraphic, laboratory or therapeutic procedures
- uses computer systems to acquire, manipulate and process patient data, carry out quality controls and develop new programs
- receives, handles, stores and disposes of radionuclides in accordance with safety regulations
- operates nuclear instrumentation
- selects appropriate equipment to be used and positions patients
- conveys findings of procedures to medical practitioners