Collects and analyses facts about newsworthy events by interview, investigation or observation and writes stories for radio news or current affairs programs.
- researches and compiles stories for radio news and current affairs programs
- interviews people and observes events to obtain and verify facts and to develop leads for news items
- takes notes and reads publicity releases, copies of speeches or similar material to facilitate organisation and writing of story
- writes to deadlines, referring to reference books, newspaper files or other sources for additional facts
- submits news stories for approval by producer
- reads and evaluates news reports and suggestions for stories