Consults with individuals and groups, assesses psychological disorders and administers programs of treatment.
- collects data about individuals and assesses their cognitive, behavioural and emotional disorders
- administers and interprets psychological tests and formulates plans for treatment
- develops, administers and evaluates individual and group treatment programs
- assesses the reliability and validity of procedures used in treatment programs
- treats complex mental disorders and other health problems using specialised psychological techniques
- organises groups and conducts programs for the development of self-confidence, communication and other inter-personal skills
- may consult with other professionals in developing treatment programs