Assembles, calibrates, installs and overhauls mechanical precision instruments and equipment.
- fits and assembles instrument parts and sub-assemblies such as springs, valves, plates, bearings, lenses and glass faces
- calibrates instruments using standard weights and measures, jigs and fixtures and hand tools to adjust and align parts and small balancing weights
- installs industrial instruments and equipment such as control panels, meters and fixed cameras
- overhauls instruments and equipment
- dismantles instruments, and repairs or replaces defective parts
- monitors performance using testing and measuring instruments, and makes adjustments
- records action taken