Plans, develops, administers and reviews policy advice and strategic planning within a government agency or corporate business.
- develops policies, provides advice and information concerning areas of government and corporate policy and planning
- coordinates policy formulation and review, including evaluation of policy options
- oversees implementation of organisational directives and policies
- provides briefings concerning policy and planning issues to government ministers or board members
- prepares discussion papers on policy and planning options
- may draft, or coordinate and supervise the drafting of, ministerial correspondence and requests for information or policy rulings