Supervises parolees who have been placed on probation by court order or released conditionally from corrective service institutions.
- submits reports and recommendations on whether offenders should be granted parole or put on probation
- interviews parolees, their families, employers and teachers, investigating their history, both before and during detention
- arranges for treatment or employment of parolees as directed by the courts
- supervises parolees and advises them on such matters as education, employment, finance, housing and other community services
- conducts regular interviews and reports on progress
- maintains contact with families to resolve problems of readjustment and rehabilitation
- may assist in determining which cases fall in the jurisdiction of the court system and which should be referred to other agencies