Diagnoses and manages eye movement disorders and associated sensory deficiencies.
- diagnoses eye movement disorders and defects of binocular function
- tests visual acuity, including function of visual pathways, eye movements, freedom of vision and intraocular pressure, using special eye test equipment
- prescribes exercises to coordinate movement and focusing of eyes
- manages programs for eye movement disorders and instructs and counsels patients in the use of corrective techniques and eye exercise
- records patients conditions, treatments and progress
- conducts field testing, such as glaucoma investigation and preventative screening and rehabilitation programs for the visually impaired