Studies organisational structures, methods, systems and procedures used in industrial establishments and other organisations.
- undertakes and reviews work studies by analysing existing or proposed methods and procedures such as administrative and clerical procedures
- records and analyses organisations flow charts, records, reports, manuals and job descriptions
- prepares and recommends proposals to revise methods and procedures, alter work flows, redefine job functions and resolve problems
- assists in implementing approved recommendations, issuing revised instructions or procedure manuals and drafting other documentation
- assists and encourages the development of objectives, strategies and plans aimed at achieving the efficient use of an organisation's resources
- reviews operating procedures and advises of any departures from procedures and standards
- may train staff in new work methods