Performs therapeutic massage and administers body treatments for relaxation, health, fitness and remedial purposes.
- assesses and treats specific soft tissue dysfunction and provides rehabilitation advice
- massages injured and inactive soft tissues of the body to assist in the healing process
- massages the soft tissues of the body to relax the client and lessen tension
- uses techniques such as muscle stretching in the treatment of sporting injuries
- may employ other techniques, such as acupressure or Shiatsu, and complimentary aids such as infra red lamps, wet compresses, ice, essential oils and herbal and mineral therapies, to assist recovery