Studies the anatomy, physiology, characteristics and environments of marine animals and plants.
- plans and undertakes experiments to study, measure and understand marine animals and plants
- examines the relationships between marine animals, plants and water quality factors such as salinity, temperature and oxygen content
- advises on commercial applications of marine research such as aquaculture and fisheries
- prepares or supervises the preparation of laboratory reports and scientific papers
- may supervise technicians or other experimental staff