Operates as an independent agent to sell life, fire, accident, industrial and marine insurance for a range of insurance companies.
- compiles lists of prospective clients from directories and other sources
- makes contact with prospective clients to seek interviews and gauge interest
- interviews prospective clients to explain insurance policy conditions, risks covered, premium rates and benefits, and to make recommendations on the amount and type of cover
- researches and reviews available insurance products to ensure the most appropriate are offered to clients
- markets their services to increase client base
- may collect premiums and keep records of payments, including appropriate commissions