Designs, implements and administers medical record systems and information services in accordance with legal and confidentiality requirements.
- designs and maintains computerised and other health information systems and advises on their use
- designs and revises medical record forms
- recruits and trains medical record staff and provides in-service training for clerical staff
- organises work flow, budget preparation, equipment ordering, medical transcription and ward clerk services
- controls access to information and conducts statistical studies
- facilitates communication with patients and between hospital departments and health providers
- assists with surveys, projects and evaluative studies in the hospital and health fields