Develops and implements financial plans for individuals, businesses and organisations, and advises on tax and investment strategies, securities, insurance, pension plans and real estate.
- interviews prospective clients to determine financial status and objectives
- analyses client's financial status, discusses financial options and develops financial strategies
- reviews and revises plans based on modified needs and changes in investment markets
- recommends and arranges insurance cover for clients
- may refer clients to other establishments to obtain services outlined in financial plan
- may arrange to buy and sell stocks and bonds for client
- may rent, buy and sell property under clients instructions