Plans, administers and reviews the financial and accounting activities within an organisation.
- plans and oversees the financial operations of the organisation and directs the formulation of budgetary and accounting policies in consultation with other managers
- provides financial information and interprets the implications for business performance and funding needs
- coordinates the development, implementation and monitoring of accounting systems
- directs the collection of financial and accounting information and the preparation of budgets, reports, forecasts and statutory returns
- assesses capital finance proposals and the financial status of operational projects
- advises on investment strategies, including takeovers and mergers
- advises on sources of funds, including share capital, and the distribution of earnings