Applies and fixes suspended ceilings and plasterboard partitions, fire rating systems, acoustic tiles, and composite wall linings to buildings.
- determines plasterboard layout, and installs insulation and vapour barriers
- measures and marks reference points on plasterboard
- cuts plasterboard, lifts and positions panels and secures them to walls and ceilings, or to battens
- prepares corner beads and secures them in position
- fixes pre-cast cornices, panel mouldings, ceiling centres and other plaster fittings
- covers joins and nail holes with wet plaster or sealing compounds, and smooths them using wet brushes and sand paper
- may spray fibrous materials over surfaces to be covered