Plans, directs and coordinates the design, construction, modification, continued performance and maintenance of equipment and machinery in industrial plants and the management and planning of manufacturing activities.
- establishes standards and policies for installation, modification, quality control, testing, inspection and maintenance, according to engineering principles and safety regulations
- inspects plant to ensure optimum performance is maintained
- directs the maintenance of plant buildings and equipment and coordinates the requirements for new designs, surveys and maintenance schedules
- prepares contracts and specifications for construction and facility acquisitions
- schedules and plans production activities
- tests newly installed machines and equipment to ensure compliance with requirements and specifications