Prepares drawings and plans of electrical installations and circuitry, collects data and estimates costs in support of Electrical Engineers.
- assists electrical engineers and engineering technologists in the design and layout of electrical installations and circuitry on switchyards, substations, switchgear, cabling systems and motor control systems
- prepares drawings, plans and diagrams of electrical installations and circuitry under the direction of electrical engineers and engineering technologists
- estimates material costs and quantities
- ensures that designs and finished products are within specifications, regulations and contract provisions
- collects data, performs complex computations and prepares diagrams
- assists in testing and commissioning of electrical equipment and installations and in the supervision of operations and maintenance
- assists with research and experimentation programs