Works in a range of adult service units which provide education and community access to people with intellectual, physical, social and emotional disabilities.
- assesses client training needs and plans, develops, implements and evaluates education and training programs
- liaises with community groups, parents and residential workers in the development of training programs for community orientation, independent living skills, daily living activities, literacy and numeracy, communication and vocational training
- liaises with employers and employment agencies to place clients in jobs and provide intensive on-the-job training and continuing monitoring in competitive or integrated supported employment programs
- may establish recreation and support networks and provide recreation and community orientation training for their clients
- may negotiate work contracts, manage the business aspects of the operation and provide occupational training and on-going support in segregated supported employment programs