Conducts research into computer and communications systems, and develops techniques for their effective application and use.
- conducts research into user interaction with information technology systems and areas in which ease and efficiency of use could be enhanced
- reviews and develops computer architecture and design, computer languages, computational techniques, data communication processes, and user interface devices
- tests new information technology system designs and rectifies design problems found
- performs acceptance testing of new system components
- writes reports and papers describing findings for publication