Brings together buyers and sellers of commodities to negotiate private sales and arrange sales through established market places.
- plans buying and selling activities
- negotiates the purchase and sale of commodities such as grains, wool, minerals or metals
- monitors local and international commodity prices, market trends and other factors affecting the supply and demand for commodities
- may inspect crops during growth and negotiate production requirements with producers
- may arrange transport, storage and initial processing of products purchased
- may arrange arbitrage of stocks and contracts