Prepares drawings and plans, estimates costs and checks engineering work in support of Civil Engineers.
- prepares diagrams, drawings, plans and designs for construction work under the direction of civil engineers and engineering technologists
- interprets work assignment instructions, applies appropriate procedures and selects equipment
- performs and directs fieldwork and laboratory testing
- analyses data and carries out computations
- estimates material costs and ensures finished works are within specifications, regulations and contract provisions
- inspects civil engineering works and organises and supervises maintenance and repair work