Diagnoses, treats and provides preventative advice on physiological and mechanical disorders of the human locomotor system, particularly neuro-muscular skeletal disorders.
- treats patients by adjustment of the spinal column to manipulate the peripheral joints and the soft tissues
- reduces physical interference to the nervous system, which may cause pain, impairment of normal function or lowered resistance to disease
- assesses disorders by discussion, observation, examination of patients, X-rays and pathological tests
- prescribes treatment to be followed including preventative and corrective exercise and diet
- uses diagnostic equipment such as X-rays, spinal analysis and electromyography