Performs chemical laboratory tests on solid materials, liquids and gases, analyses test data and carries out technical functions in support of Chemists or Chemical Engineers.
- conducts complex experiments, test and analyses according to procedures
- prepares charts, sketches, diagrams and flow-charts and compiles data
- participates in fabricating, installing and modifying equipment, to ensure that critical standards are met
- controls the quality and quantity of laboratory supplies by testing samples and monitoring usage
- may assist in preparing technical reports and documents for publication
- may be responsible for maintaining standards of raw material supplies and ensuring prescribed procedures are followed in production environments