Operates consoles to control radio or television broadcast transmitters.
- observes meters and indicators to monitor broadcast transmitters
- ensures that equipment operating levels such as power output, frequency and modulation meet standards
- adjusts console controls to correct discrepancies in transmission
- operates controls to switch program origination from one studio or location to another
- responds to changes to program schedule on signal from studio manager
- operates microwave equipment to transmit video information to transmitter site or receives video signal from remote location
- maintains and repairs radio transmitters and associated equipment