Administers the accounting processes and related operational activities of branches of banks, building societies, credit unions or similar financial institutions.
- receives and analyses regular reports of branch accounting activities and reports to the branch manager
- investigates discrepancies in customer service officers balances
- ensures branch procedures for the clearance of funds, security and general operations are maintained
- may grant or approve loans within limits set by the institutions regulations
- may supervise clerical and administrative staff