Supervises and coordinates the activities of Automotive Electricians.
- determines work requirements and allocates duties to Automotive Electrician
- confers with managers to coordinate activities with other organisational units
- maintains attendance records and rosters
- explains and enforces safety regulations
- oversees the work of the unit and suggests improvements and changes
- confers with workers to resolve grievances
- may perform the tasks of an Automotive Electrician, such as:
- installs electrical equipment and electronic components in motor vehicles
- connects power-operated vehicle equipment and accessories to power supply
- uses test equipment to locate electrical and electronic malfunctions
- adjusts engine control systems and timing
- tests and replaces defective alternators, generators, voltage regulators and starter motors
- repairs or replaces faulty ignition and electrical wiring
- replaces defective parts, such as fuses, lamps and switches.