Installs, maintains and repairs electrical wiring and electronic components in motor vehicles.
- installs electrical equipment and electronic components in motor vehicles
- connects power-operated vehicle equipment and accessories to power supply
- uses test equipment to locate electrical and electronic malfunctions
- adjusts engine control systems and timing
- tests and replaces defective alternators, generators, voltage regulators and starter motors
- repairs or replaces faulty ignition and electrical wiring
- replaces defective parts, such as fuses, lamps and switches