Implements architects concepts by preparing drawings and plans and liaising with builders and contractors.
- analyses architects designs and prepares preliminary sketches, working drawings and detailed instructions
- prepares detailed drawings of plans showing internal, external and other features of buildings
- prepares working drawings of plans showing elevations, sections, materials, finishes and other aspects of building projects such as layouts, plumbing, drainage, carparking and landscaping as directed by architects
- represents architects on building sites to clarify plans and specifications
- may assist in the preparation of building specifications
- may make inquiries of local governments and other authorities, and investigate pertinent codes and by-laws