Supervises and coordinates the activities of Aircraft Maintenance Engineers.
- determines work requirements and allocates duties to Aircraft Maintenance Engineers
- confers with managers to coordinate activities with other organisational units
- maintains attendance records and rosters
- explains and enforces safety regulations
- oversees the work of the unit and suggests improvements and changes
- confers with workers to resolve grievances
- may perform the tasks of an Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (Avionics, Mechanical or Structures).