Plans, develops, coordinates and implements campaigns to inform the organisation's target market of the merits of purchasing particular products, services and buying from the organisation in general.
- plans, develops and organises advertising policies and campaigns to support sales objectives
- advises executives and clients on advertising strategies and campaigns to reach target markets, creates consumer awareness and effectively promotes the attributes of products and services
- gives or takes briefings on the advertising goals for a product or range of products, incorporating instruments such as logos, jingles, packaging, store signs, billboards and sales leaflets
- coordinates advertising campaign production within time and budget constraints, involving various specialised activities such as artwork, copywriting, media scripting, television and film production and media placement
- evaluates advertising projects, including quality control and subsequent market reach and sales effectiveness
- liaises with various participants in the advertising industry to maintain an awareness of relevant developments and trends, and assess their impact on specific products or services
- contributes to publicity, promotions and public relations activities supporting advertising campaigns