Applies mathematical, statistical and economic analyses to a wide range of practical problems in areas of finance such as insurance, superannuation and investment.
- defines, analyses and solves complex financial and business problems relating to areas such as insurance premiums, annuities, pensions and dividends
- designs new types of policies, assesses risks and analyses investments in life insurance, superannuation funds, health insurance, friendly societies, stock exchanges and other areas
- assists with corporate investment policy and gives advice to management
- calculates company surpluses and advises on the distribution to policy holders
- examines financial projections for general insurance companies, finance companies and other institutions
- may advise governments on the design and implementation of financial policies in such areas as superannuation funds and pensions, sickness, retirement and unemployment schemes
- may work as a consultant, offering statistical and financial advice to general insurance companies, finance companies and other institutions