Examines, verifies, evaluates and reports on financial, operational and managerial processes, systems and outcomes to ensure financial and operational integrity and compliance.
- evaluates the cost effectiveness and risks of operational processes, activities, policies and systems
- reports to management on the existence and effectiveness of the system of internal controls
- prepares financial statements and reports for management, shareholders and statutory bodies
- establishes audit objectives, designs and implements audit methodologies, processes and audit report criteria
- identifies and applies relevant professional standards and regulatory requirements
- discusses reports with other auditors and issues reports recommending performance or control improvements