Designs and operates information and reporting systems to meet external financial reporting requirements.
- provides independent opinions on the financial performance of an organisation, and the extent to which its obligations are fulfilled
- verifies the accuracy of information contained in accounting records
- verifies the existence of assets and liabilities mentioned in reports
- prepares financial statements and reports for management, shareholders and statutory bodies
- determines the efficiency and effectiveness of companies and government departments
- may examine the records of government departments, statutory and municipal authorities and government-owned companies